Sunday, March 28, 2010
Day 1 of UTeach Institute PBI Workshop
On Friday, March 26 a workshop on the UTeach course Project Based Instruction was conducted on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin. Over 25 educators from UTeach Replication sites visited the university for a 2 day work shop led by Ms. Denise Ekberg, Dr. Cesar Delgado and Dr. Tony Petrosino. An incredible amount of coordination was done by the UTeach Institute to make the visit a success.
An agenda was previously published on this website a few days ago. However, a brief summary of the day follows:
1) Opening Remarks
2) Modeling the reading of a difficult article by current UTeach students. In this case, Krajcik and Blumenfeld (2006) on PBI
3) Course overview, philosophy and key points
4) Presentation of Year End Project by former PBI students
5) Technology resources for PBI
6) General Questions and Answers
7) Overview of Replication efforts for PBI
See PowerPoints that were presented at the end of this post.